- Please read the Handbook.
- Fill out this Quick Application Form.
- Click Join to set up your new member account on this Time Exchange website; you'll be sent a notification email. (Check your spam folder if you don't see it quickly.) Click the link to confirm your email address.
- Complete your Profile.
- NOTE: you can skip any fields you don't want to include.
- This is a secure site; info on your profile is not accessible to anyone outside of this Time Bank.
- Make sure you have accepted the Terms and Conditions, which include the Liability Waiver and Code of Ethics.
- Sign up to attend a 30 Minute Online Orientation: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/9040848abaa22a3ff2-time
Using the TimeBank
Log in to the Time Exchange to:
Post some offers, skills, talents or services that you have to offer other members. What do you want to share?
Post some requests, for services or skills that you are looking for. What are you curious about, or what do you need?
Record any exchanges that you have made with other timebank members. (In general, the person offering the service posts the exchange.)
Inspiration for Offers and Requests
Having trouble coming up with offers or requests to make on the Time Exchange? Here are some useful questions for sparking ideas, as shared by folks from the Onion River Exchange in Montpelier, Vermont. You're invited to consider the questions, then list your offers & requests:
• What skills and talents do you have which would surprise other people?
• What skills and talents are you proud of?
• Think of an issue or topic about which you are knowledgeable, which you enjoy, or which you need help with.
• Think of an issue, topic, or skill which you would like to learn more about.
• Think of an activity you'd love to do if you could find other people to do it with you.
• Think of some kind of help that you need but you haven't found anyone with the skills or knowledge to assist you.
If you're having trouble using the Time Exchange Website, reach out to a Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org, or watch some video tutorials. For those who cannot use the website, volunteers will help facilitate posting and recording.
- To visit the help guide for a page, at the top right of each page, click on the "?" or go to the full member manual for all the help pages.
- You can also ask for help by clicking on the envelope icon link and sending a message to your Timebank's Coordinators. See the icon at the top right of the home page.
Ongoing Use of the TimeBank
Please don't hesitate to respond to an offer or request. This is exactly how new sharing and relationships are built to strengthen our community.
Please respond in a timely manner to calls or emails you receive from your neighbors about the requests or offers you've posted.
After you've communicated with a neighbor and determined that a service exchange is appropriate, make specific arrangements (date and time) for the exchange.
Fulfill the exchange and save a record of it in your hours account. (Generally, the person who gave the service/time is the member who records the exchange.)
Come back and review offers and requests from other members.
Do this again and again to help keep our community alive and flourishing.